Apprentices will be required to attend two 160 hour training sessions at the West Virginia Laborers' Training Center in Mineral Wells, West Virginia. Both sessions consist of four consecutive five-day weeks, Monday through Friday, eight hours per day.
1st Year of Participation - 160 hours
- Basic Construction Craft Laborer Skills
- Concrete Practices and Procedures
- Pipeline Safety
2nd Year of Participation- 160 hours
- Line and Grade/Instrument Reading
- Mason Tending and Scaffold Building
- Hoisting, Rigging & Signaling
Environmental Remediation/Safety Training
In order to complete the program, 80 total hours of Environmental Remediation/Safety training. Apprentices may choose from the following list of courses which are normally offered at the Training Center several times throughout the year.
- Hazardous Waste Worker
- Asbestos Abatement
- Lead Abatement
- Infectious Disease Operations