Practical on-the-job experience is a must in any occupation and the Construction Craft Laborers' Trade is no exception. During this portion of the program, apprentices are paid their appropriate wage rate while receiving on-the-job training under actual working conditions on a construction project. Apprentices are required to accumulate 4000 hours of on-the-job training as outlined below.
Core Work Skills - 2,000 hours
- Air Tool Operation and Preventive Maintenance
- Power Tool Operation and Preventive Maintenance
- Soil Compaction
- Rigging and Signaling
- Traffic Control
- Site/Project Preparation and/or Maintenance
- Site/Project Clean-Up and/or Security
- All other Skills Traditionally Performed by Construction Craft Laborers'
Concentration Work Skills - 2,000 hours
- Building Construction
- Heavy Highway & Utility Construction
- Demolition & Deconstruction